Prize Winning Web
Site by Press Club LI
Follow Us On
TV Show On
Who Appears On The Fishing Line?
For loyal "Fishing Line" listeners, the
following list comes as no surprise as you have followed the show and the wide array of
guests and topics each week since we debuted on the airwaves May 6, 1995. I would only
hope your fishing success has improved dramatically and I thank each and every one of you
for tuning in each week.
For those who have just found us on the airwaves (AM radio) or on the internet, all the
information on the shows, is contained within this web site and hopefully that is how you
traveled to this page.
Following is the list of all the guests, subjects and topics we have covered in our 1st
and 2nd seasons on the air. If you happen to see a guest, subject or topic that interests
you, audio tapes of "The Fishing Line" radio show may be purchased by sending a
check or money order made out to Rich Johnson for $9.95, which covers
your shipping & handling charges.
Send check or money order to:
"The Fishing Line"
c/o Rich Johnson
24 Troy Ave.
E. Atlantic Beach, NY 11561
1995 Radio Show Guests
- 5/6 Charlie Johnson & Steve Sloan: Striped bass issues, saltwater fishing license.
- 5/13 Capt. John Lowe/Dancing Bear Charters: chunking bass on the North Shore
- 5/20 Bill Legakis: Striped bass tips for the South Shore/Structure
- 5/27 Tom Schlichter: Largemouth Bass season opening and bass tactics
- 6/3 DEC biologist Greg Kozlowski & Chart Guthrie: freshwater fishing
- 6/10 Dave Wygoda, pres of The Hudson Anglers F.C. and their Shark Tournament
- 6/17 Ms. Pat Walsh Deitz: Lady Reelers, a womens fishing club
- 6/24 Bill Smith of Fish Unlimited: Fish Tagging and the results thereof, which tags are
- 7/1 Don Avondolio: Saltwater Fly Fishing
- 7/8 Greg DeBrule: Saltwater Roundup Contest
- 7/15 Capt. John Pellegrino/Noli Eileen II party boat: North Shore blue and blackfishing
- 7/22 Assembly Robert Sweeney, author of the original flounder & blackfish bills:
- 7/29 Captains Walter Specht/Miss Point Lookout & Anthony Gillespie/Star Stream II:
Part Boat Fishing
- 8/5 Bob Wassuta of We Go Fishing B&T in Southhold: North Fork Fishing
- 8/12 Mike Walsh Taxidermy: Taxidermy tips
- 8/19 Megan OConnell & Diane Rufino: WICC Bluefish Contest
- 8/26 Capt. Al Lindroth/Capt. Al: Ocean Bottom Fishing
- 9/2 Surf Fishing Special: Bill Legakis/Dom Santillo
- 9/9 Capt. Anthony Dilernia: Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council/Fluke & Porgy
- 9/16 Sal Buonomo, manager of Belmont Lake State Park: New Boat & Bassing Program
- 9/23 Byron Young, marine resource specialist: Striped bass management, haul seining and
- 9/30 Lt. Tim Huss, DEC: Marine Task Force & Enforcement of saltwater regulations
- 10/7 Gordon Colvin, Director of Marine Resources, DEC: Fisheries Management, Haul
- 10/14 Steve Sloan, Pres. Fisheries Defense Fund: The real story behind the
bluefin tuna closure
- 10/21 Capt. Rich Otterstadt, Region 1 Commander, Enforcement: Freshwater Enforcement
- 10/28 Capt. Mike Barnett/Codfather charter boat: Blackfishing
- 11/4 Capt. John Lowe/Dancing Bear Charters: North Shore Fishing and Fly Fishing for
- 11/11 Jim Stanis/Outdoor Risk Management: Insurance for the Outdoorsman &
- 11/18 Capt. Doug of the party/charter boat Capt. Doug: Night Basing w/eels &
- 11/25 Capt. Johnny Mac/Capt. Lou V party boat: Flounder fishing tips
- 12/2 Pre-empted for high school football
- 12/9 Capt. Gene Kelly/Tropical Fishing Adventures: Foreign Fishing Trips
- 12/16 Capt. Al Lindroth/Capt. Al & Capt. Anthony Gillespie/Star Stream II:
- 12/23 Family Fishing and its origins
- 12/30 Charlie Beckmann and Five generations of Beckmanns/Family Fishing Values
Tapes are available for $9.95 each
1996 Radio Show Guests
- 1/6/ 1996 Tackle Preview with Greg Nisito: Tackle rep. Shakes, Glacier, Mirrolure
- 1/13 Bill Smith-Fish Unlimited: Safe Boating and Brookhaven Lab Contamination
- 1/20 Live Remote @ Fred Chall/ Guest: Capt. John Raguso on 1996 Boat & Motor Preview
- 1/27 Bill Iacovone & Dan Azzatto: 3rd Annual National Sportfishing & Outdoor
- 2/3 Live Remote at Nassau Coliseum from 3rd Annual National Sportfishing Expo:
- Guests include: Nick Karas, John Lowe, Dom Santillo, Frank Hunter, Joe Manno, Tony
Ferrara & Charlie Johnson.
- 2/10 No Guest: Phone calls with questions & answers.
- 2/17 Remote from NYSFF Shoe & Auction: Guests include: Capt. John Lowe, Charlie
Johnson, Tom Doheny (Scottys Fish Station), Capt. Tony Loperfido of the North Fork
Capt.s Assoc., Vinnys Tackle.
- 2/24 Frank Hunter/Hunter Marine Sales in Freeport.: The new Larivee center consoles
& Sea Cats.
- 3/2 Capt. Tony DiLernia: The New Proposed Bluefish Amendment for 1997
- 3/9 Dom Santillo of Fred Chall Marine: Getting Your Boat Ready for Spring.
- 3/16 Captains Tom Paladino (Elsie K. Princess) & Bob Weigand (Flamingo III) on
Gerritsen Beach & Spring
- Flounder Fishing on the western South Shore.
- 3/23 Live Remote from Fred Chall in Freeport: Al/Hudson Point, Dickie Moore, Capt. Doug,
- 3/30 Regional Fisheries Manager, Ed Woltmann: Trout Stocking & other Freshwater
Programs by the DEC.
- 4/6 Capt. Bob Storc of the Charter Boat Caprice: Fly Fishing & the Battenkill.
- 4/13 Capt. John Lowe/Dancing Bear Charters: North Shore bass & flounder fishing.
- 4/20 Bill Witchey/Combs B&T in Amityvile: Fishing Fire Island to the east
- 4/27 Bob Wassuta of WEGO Fishing B&T in Southhold & Capt. Dave Brennan of
Peconic Star on Fishing the North Fork for monster fluke
- 5/4 One Year Anniversary Special: Guest derek Spinelli/Smithtown B&T
- 5/11 Walter Back of the Hellen Keller Fishing Club: Fishing for the Blind
- 5/18 Capt. James Schneider/Capt. James Party Boat of Huntington: Port of Huntington,
fluke & blackfishing
- 5/25 Port of Sheepshead Bay: Guests: Capt. George Richford/Pasttime Princess, Rudy
Maisto/Lady L Charters & Don Bingler
- 6/1 No Guests; Phone calls from Assemblyman Bob Sweeney & Steve Sloan/Tuna closure?
- 6/8 Live from Freeport Festival No tape.
- 6/15 Remote from 24th Annual Hudson Anglers Shark Tournament
- 6/22 Steve Heins/Marine Specialist DEC: Artifical Reefs & Wrecks/LORAN Guide &
- 6/29 Captree Special: Port of Captree
- 7/6 Point Lookout Special/Tom from Scottys, Cap. Al and Capt. Walter Specht
- 7/13 Dom Santillo on fishing clam bellies
- 7/20 Goerg Gorman & Joe Lechinski/NY State Parks: Fee increases
- 7/27 Remote for Chris Larkin Tourney from Hudson Pt. GUEST Assemblyman Bob Sweeney
- 8/3 Saltwater Fly Fishing with Don Avondolio / Camp Site Sport Shop
- 8/10 John Mantione NYFTTA: The life of a tackle shop
- 8/17 Port Jefferson Special: Capt. Anthony Taverna/Morning Star Charters
- 8/24 Newsday Outdoor Editor: Marty Klinkenberg
- 8/31 Charlie Johnson of the NYSFF: Past accomplishments and what the future holds for
- 9/7 No Guest
- 9/14 No Guest
- 9/21 P.C. Richard Show
- 9/28 Capt. John Lowe/Dancing Bear: Blackfishing
- 10/5: Capt. Henry Feeney/Elsie K. Princess: Striped Bass Party Boat Fishing
- 10/12: Speedy Hubert with special call in FLIP PALOT
- 10/19: No Guest: NorEaster Storm hit!
- 10/26: Capt. Phil Moliterno/Capt. Lou VI: Flounder Fishing
- 11/2: Charles Witek/What is the Coastal Conservation Assoc. (CCA)
- 11/9: Mike Laptew: The Diving Fisherman & Striper Magic video
- 11/16: Byron Young (DEC) Striped bass, Blackfish & Flounder Regs
- 11/23: No Guest
- 11/29: 2 hour special: Assem. Bob Sweeney, C. Johnson(NYSF) & Capt. Otterstadt (DEC)
How Fishery regulations are made and the enforcement of them.
- 12/7: Bill Beckmann/Beckmans B&T/ Family Fishing & Codfishing
- 12/14: Pat Augustine (NYSSF) Plans to make Kings park Psych Center into State parks.
- 12/21: Christmas Special & Giveaways
- 12/28: Christmas Special & Giveaways