Prize Winning Web
Site by Press Club LI
Follow Us On
TV Show On
Beach Fishing Permits
You must have fishing pole and tackle, shovel, tow chain or
rope, a working jack with support board,
tire gauge and approved tires, appropriate spare
tire and a trash bag.
You may not need the aforementioned equipment when
applying for some permits, but they will revoke this permit if you are caught on the beach
Check out Surf Fishing
Reports or Our New
Surf Fishing Reports by Phone 516-726-SURF
NY State Permits
Empire Pass: $65
and if you purchase a second Empire pass it is $65 for
the 2nd one. This does not allow you beach access and is not a
substitute for the fishing permit.
Surf Fishing Permits:
- Available till April 30 and then again after Labor Day!
- Available 7 Days per week at:
- Robert Moses Park
- Montauk Downs
- State Park Headquarters at Belmont State Park during business
- Call 631-669-1000 with questions.
Camp Hero: $40
7-Day Fishing: $25 (starts the day you
- Fee: $30
- This allows you to 24 hour parking in a State Park
- fish undisturbed.
4X4's & Beach Vehicles:
- Fee $65.
- This permit allows you beach access for your vehicle.
Car Parking Only:
- Jones Beach: Field 6, Field 10, West End II.
- Captree: Main field and Overlook
- Sunken Meadow: Field 1 or Field 3 In Field 3 it's April 1 - Memorial
Day & Sept. 15 to Dec.15
- Wildwood Park. Year Round
- Robert Moses: Field 2: April 2 to Dec.31 & Field 4: mid-Sept. to
Beach Access of 4X4's & Cars:
- Hither Hills: Except July & August for 4X4's.
- Montauk Point & Napeague: 24 hours daily.
- Democrat Point: 24 hour access. 4X4 only!
Fire Island National Seashore (FINS):
- Fee: $50
- Permit Season Now Only: Sept. 15-Dec. 31st.
- Stretch of beach between Smith Point and Long
- Must watch a 5-minute film on proper beach etiquette & regulations.
- This permit is strictly for fishing
- Must have the capability of surf fishing with equipment when on the beach.
- FINS is the 7 mile stretch of beach west of Smith Point to Long Cove
- Call 631-281-3010
- Fee: $50
- Cash, Check or money order ONLY!!
- Available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. seven (7) days a week.
- Must have valid license and registration for car or 4x4 vehicle.
- Come to building One at Ft. Tilden and you must bring your fishing equipment plus
equipment listed at top of this page if applying for a 4X4 beach driving permit.
- Equipment must consist of at least a 7-foot pole and if applying for a 4x4 operation
- Required to watch 12 minute video on piping plover and beach regulations.
- At least 50% of persons over age 12 years must be actively fishing.
- Rockaway side of the Marine Parkway Bridge to Ft Tilden, make a left, go to stop sign,
make a left and building is on your right.
- Call 718-318-4300.
- Residents or non-residents.
- 24 Hour access.
- Cost $10.
- Must sit for photo ID.
- Available mid-September & good till May 1st.
- No vans or pick up trucks, no fires on beach.
- Wait for the guard at gate and each person in the car must possess a pass.
- Call 516-239-4500.
- Cost is $25.
- Nassau County residents only.
- Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Hours are 6 p.m. to 8 am.
- From Labor Day on it is 24 hrs.
- Call: 516-571-7700
Oyster Bay Township**
- **Now only for Town of Oyster Bay residents!!
- The permit allows you to fish Beekman Beach, Centre Island, Ransom Beach, Stelhi,
Tappen, Teddy Roosevelt Beach on the North Shore
- You Show them your car registration
- Department of Parks
- 977 Hicksville Road
- Massapequa, N.Y. 11758,
SUFFOLK COUNTY PARKS:
Gives FREE beach permits and Green Keys to service connected
disabled veterans who are Suffolk County residents and the only thing they require is your
VA card and your vehicle registration.--Ross Goldberg
Suffolk County Parks Outer Beach Stickers &
May be Purchased from West Sayville Golf Course Mon. - Fri.
or Smith Point County Park every day
Smith Point, Cupsogue, Shinnecock, Cedar Point (E. Hampton) & Theodore
Roosevelt County Park (formerly Shagwong)
Resident Outer Beach Sticker $75.00
Resident Green Key $20.00 valid for 3 yrs
Non-resident Outer Beach
Non-resident Green Key $8.00 (valid for 1 yr.)
Non-resident 1/2 yr. Green Key $8.00
Non-resident 1/2 yr. Outer Beach $75.00
(1/2 year valid from Sept. 16 to Dec.31)
Green Key Access $20, good for 3 years and outer beach 4X4 permit for $75 per
calendar year with NO day use fee any more. A resident fall permit is $37.50. Sr. citizen
and handicapped discounts on yearly.
NON-Resident: $200 permit per year. After Sept. 16th, the tourist
(non-resident) fall permit fee is $75. They have day passes at $25 for resident and $35 for NON-residents between
Memorial & Labor days. Call main office at 631-854-4949.
Smith Point County Station- 631-852-1315
TOWN OF BABYLON 4 Wheel Drive:
- Residents Only
- Permit can be purchased at the Town Clerks
200 Sunrise Hwy. N. Lindenhurst
- Need two proof residency
including NY Driver's License.
- Registration and
passport size color photo of the registration owner.
- Permit Fee is $40.00
- Call 631-957-3005
TOWN OF SOUTH HAMPTON 4 Wheel Drive
- Permit purchased at Town Hall Trustees
Office, Hampton Rd., South Hampton
- $10.00 (Resident)
- $5.00 (Senior Citizen)
- NO MORE
NON RESIDENT PERMITS
- Call 631-287-5717
TOWN OF EAST HAMPTON 4 Wheel Drive:
- Permit can be purchased at Recreation
Dept., Toilsome La., East Hampton
- Free for Residents
- Contact 631-324-4142
Check out the Surf Fishing
Reports in the Fishing Reports or
Our New Phone Line Fish Reports 516-977-2088